Text: Hebrews 11:13-16
Before attending class, read the text and think about/answer the questions.
- Look at verses 1-12 and discuss people who did not belong, did not feel they
belonged, and were not comfortable with the common emphasis in their worlds.
- These people did not even have the promises and advantages Christians have.
Discuss the comments this text makes about their deaths.
- What statement did their lives and deaths make? Could they have "fit in" the worlds
they rejected? Explain your answer.
- What did they desire? Discuss how that relates to "belonging."
- What was God not ashamed to be known as? What does that mean?
- What has God prepared for them? Discuss why such people will know they "belong"
in that place.
- Personal thought/reflection question: what can I do this year to increase my desire to
live with God in His world?
Copyright © 2003
David Chadwell & West-Ark Church of Christ
previous page |
table of contents |