by David Chadwell
To place the class in my personal focus this week:
- Read Matthew 7:24-27 at least once a day.
- Find moments in the day when you can think about those verses.
- Think of specific ways that you can build your life upon a rock foundation.
- Think of specific ways that you can build your life without a foundation.
- Who is compared to a wise person who builds his/her house upon a rock?
- In context, what words does the wise person hear?
- The wise person does not merely listen to the words. What else does he/she do?
- Why did the storms fail to collapse his/her house?
- Specify some storms that attempt to collapse our lives.
- When a Christian's life survives the storms, why does he/she survive?
- Who is compared to a foolish person who builds his/her house upon sand?
- In context, what words does the foolish person hear?
- What is the specific difference between the wise person and the foolish person?
- When a Christian's life collapses in the storms, why does he/she collapse?
- Be specific about ways in which we as Christians can build our lives on the sand.
- Can anyone or anything keep the storms from attacking life? Explain your answer.
- Why do storms come?
- Are we helpless before the storms?
Building a Healthy Faith Study Guide (lesson 12)
Sunday morning young adult Bible class, Summer Quarter 1999
West-Ark Church of Christ, Fort Smith, AR
Copyright © 1999
Permission is granted to freely copy and distribute with text unchanged, including author's name.
Link to other Writings of David Chadwell
Link to West-Ark's
West-Ark Church of Christ