Considering The Price
Text: Luke 14:25-35
Before attending the class, read the text and think about/answer the questions.
- What is your understanding of Jesus' emphasis to his Jewish audience about hating
family members in order to be his disciples? What is the meaning of what he said?
- How does "carrying our own cross" relate to being Jesus' disciple?
- In that day and in their situation, why would a person want to build a tower?
- Before the building of a tower began, what would a wise person do? Why would he
- If a wise king declared war on a king with a larger army, what would he do before he
began marching toward the battlefield? Why would he do that?
- In this text, what is a basic condition of discipleship? What does that mean?
- Explain the illustration of the salt.
- What should we consider to be the basic lesson of this text?
- Personal thought/reflection question: what can you do in your life to grow in
"considering the price" this year?
Copyright © 2003
David Chadwell & West-Ark Church of Christ
previous page |
table of contents |