God You Are Beyond Adequate!
Any commentary on this popular psalm is intimidating!
Note these things. (1) God was the leader; He was the shepherd. He did not make His choices after consulting with the sheep. (2) He guided as a shepherd guided. Following Him was a mixture of a trusting knowledge and the recognition that I need His leadership.
(3) He was my provider. He provided me green meadows to eat in, a safe place to rest, and a safe place to drink. (4) Because of Him, I renewed my strength. Following Him was opportunity, not abuse.
(5) When I must relocate to a new pasture, He leads me. He chose the right path to take. My willingness to follow Him resulted in His honor.
(6) No matter how daunting the transfer to a new pasture was, I was not afraid. I was confident in His ability to care for me. (7) He was prepared to protect and comfort. I knew He would care for me in every circumstance.
(8) I ate without concern as my enemies watched. I had enemies, but they could not terrify me. My prepared shepherd protected me.
(9) My shepherd cared for my wounds and needs. I lived in abundance.
(10) This care was a lifetime arrangement. It was an arrangement between me and my God.
Consider this. (1) It was a protection arrangement based on need. The enemies were there, but the shepherd was closer. (2) Remaining in the protection zone depended on me. (3) Safety depended on trusting the shepherd.
He led, and I followed. My well-being
depended on the shepherds ability.
Link to other Writings of David Chadwell
Link to David's Home Page